Photos for Friday - an Artist's Creation is Loved

Design by Dora Sislian Themelis
I was lucky enough to find and purchase these wonderful hand made lampwork beads from a fellow Etsy shop owner. Carol over at Fire in Ice Lampwork Beads makes these beads that say something to me. When I saw them I had to have them. Her work is amazing, you should visit her shop.


Not knowing what I was going to do with them, I just bought them and crossed my fingers I would think of something interesting to make. Since I've been playing with knotted cotton cord and bead bracelets, I thought the large holes would make threading them easier. Ideas were coming to me when I mixed them together with beads I already had.


I am so happy with the outcome I just might keep this piece for myself. Mixed together with iridescent ceramic Mykonos beads, they give the piece just the right glow. After I took photos of the finished piece I sent them to Carol with a message showing her how the beads look and I think she was pleased.

A while ago I sold a watercolor painting to a friend. That was exciting enough, but when she later took a photo of the painting framed and hung in it's place of honor, I was thrilled. It's a special feeling when the creator of an object can see that their piece is loved.

So, I went over to Carol's Etsy shop and bought another set of great beads. I can't wait to get them!

Oh, and by the way...




Comments

  1. the bracelet is lovely - but those sunflowers make my heart sing! They are so beautiful, Dora xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment